Mobile Wallet Options Make Your Card More Secure and Easy to Use
Mobile wallets are an easy and secure way to use your credit or debit card at participating merchants, and Kings Federal Credit Union credit and debit cards can now be used in Apply Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay. Once you have your card loaded to your phone’s mobile wallet, all you have to do is access the wallet using the security feature enabled on your phone and then hold your phone over a card reader. The reader detects your phone, you approve the purchase and the transaction is done. Read on to learn about why this is a secure payment option, easy to set-up and easy to use!
If you’re concerned about the security of your credit card information, mobile wallets are a great option. Why?
- Your credit card number isn’t sent to merchants. A unique number is assigned for your purchase, which helps protect you if a merchant you use is hacked and credit card information in their files is stolen.
- Your credit card number isn’t stored on your device either, which protects you if your phone is lost or stolen.
- Access to your card on your phone is also secured with Touch ID on Apple Pay, fingerprint scan or PIN on Samsung Pay and by unlocking your Android for Android Pay.
- You can lock or wipe any information stored in your mobile wallet with the Find My Phone or iCloud account for Apple Pay, Find My Mobile for Samsung Pay and Android Device Manager for Android Pay if your phone is lost or stolen.
It’s easy to set-up and use!
- Set-up is simple and similar across the different mobile wallet options but may vary slightly
- Open the app in Wallet from your home screen or if the app is not already on your device, download it from Google Play if using Android Pay or Samsung Pay.
- Android Pay will have you login to your Google account
- Tap the Add Credit/Debit Card option then tap next.
- Take a photo of your card and fill in any additional information required, including security code
- Agree to any terms and conditions
- Submit and KFCU will verify your information. Verification may require a call to Kings Federal Credit Union of America. You will be prompted if this is necessary.
- When your card is verified tap Next and your card is ready for use!
Where mobile wallets are accepted:
- Samsung Pay works anywhere you can currently swipe your card
- All three work at merchants that will display the specific pay logo for your phone or the following logo:
- Visit Apple Pay or Android Pay’s website to see a current list of merchants accepting their mobile wallet ahead of time:
- They also work in many of the apps you may already have on your phone
What are the device requirements for a mobile wallet?
Apple Pay (open in Apple Passbook/Wallet)
- iPhone 6 or newer
- iPad air 2 or newer
- iPad mini 3 or newer
- Apple Watch paired with iPhone 5 or newer
- Preloaded on newer Android devices
- Can be downloaded from the Google Play store on older devices that are NFC-Enabled, non-rooted Android devices (KITKAT 4.4+)
Samsung Pay (available as a free download in Google Play)
- Galaxy S6 or newer
- Galaxy Note5 or newer