Updated July 14, 2020
Facial Covering Required for Lobby Services
During the COVID pandemic, banking procedures across the country have dramatically changed to protect members and employees. This includes our new policy of requiring members to “Please Wear a Mask” when visiting our office.
Wearing a mask adds a layer of health safety to your credit union face-to-face transaction. Requiring masks, along with our sanitizing procedures, Plexiglas shields, hand sanitizer dispensers and social distancing signs, are all vital elements in the protection of both you and our employees from the spread of the COVID virus.
MASKS ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR ANYONE MEETING THE FOLLOWING EXEMPTIONS:
- Younger than 2 years of
- Have a medical or mental condition or disability that prevents wearing a face This includes persons with a medical condition for whom wearing a face covering could obstruct breathing or who are unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove a face covering without assistance.
- Are Hearing impaired, or communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for
- Persons for whom wearing a face covering would create a risk to the person related to their work, as determined by local, state, or federal regulators or workplace safety guidelines.
If one of these exceptions applies, please let us know.
WITHOUT FACIAL COVERING,WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE YOU SERVICE. IF WEARING A MASK IS SOMETHING YOU PREFER NOT TO DO, PLEASE UTILIZE OUR DRIVE-THRU LANE, ONLINE OR TELEPHONE SERVICES.
Update June 22, 2020
We’re Here To Help With Coronavirus Emergency Financial Relief Programs
If you or your family are experiencing financial difficulties, we’re here to help. If you are in need of assistance, please email, fax or call us to discuss all the available options. All of the documents you need to apply for Emergency Loan Relief are available through a special web page.
Facial Coverings/Social Distancing:
Masks or similar facial coverings are now required by the State of California while inside a public building. Please help keep our staff and other members safe by wearing a mask when you enter our building. We are happy to provide service for many transactions by phone, online or at our drive up window for those who prefer to not wear a mask. When available, we can also provide a mask to you at the receptionist desk.
Markers have been placed on the lobby floor to indicate the proper social distancing. Please observe and stand on these markers when possible.
Comments or complaints about facial covering or social distancing requirements should be expressed to management and not our front-line staff. You are welcome to call 559-582-4438 ext 101 for this purpose.
Impact on Branch Service:
As we work together to protect our associates and members to help slow the spread of the Coronavirus, Kings Federal Credit Union has made the decision to implement changes in how we will be serving our members. Effective Monday, March 30th, we limit access to our lobby to no more than four members waiting in line at a time and suspend offering many services inside our branch office. This will require that some member services will only be available by phone, online or through our drive-up window. For those services that can only be done inside the lobby, members will need to call us at 559-582-4438 and make an appointment.
Access to our lobby, teller window and desks are also limited to only the member conducting the transaction. Families and friends should wait outside the lobby or you are also welcome to use the drive-up window.
Our lobby and drive-up hours will not be changing at this time. Our drive-up window is open from 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 6:00pm on Friday. Our Lobby opens at 10:00am Monday-Friday.
New memberships can be initiated online. Our “Become a Member” webpage has the details and link for our new online account opening website that will collect all necessary information and will allow you to upload a photo of your ID and other required documents. Once reviewed and approved, we will mail you the signature card and disclosures for your review and completion. New members should expect this entire process to take 5-7 business days.
Many account services for members can be completed by phone with any needed documents sent by fax, email or mail. Members with complex account issues cam make an appointment by calling 559-582-4438.
Loan applications will need to be requested online or by phone. We are not able to take an application in person at this time. When possible, loan documents will be sent and received by mail or email. When necessary, members can make an appointment to come in and sign documents. Click Here To Apply Now
You can make most loan payments through our website or by calling us at 559-582-4438. The $5 pay-by-phone fee has been temporarily suspended.
There are over 60,000 fee-free ATMs nationwide and over a dozen right here in Hanford. Visit our website or mobile app to find the one closest to you.
Make a Deposit
Did you know you can deposit a check with your phone? Our mobile app includes remote deposit capture. You can also make a deposit at our drive-up window, night drop box and ATM. Most CO-OP ATMs at area credit unions also will accept deposits for Kings Federal Credit Union members. Night Deposit transactions that are made during office hours will be processed the next business day.
Update: March 24, 2020
We understand that members may have concerns about the Coronavirus, and the impact it might have on our ability to maintain the service levels you need and expect from us. Please check back to this page for the most up to date information.
Safe, Sound, & Prepared
Kings Federal Credit Union is well-equipped to navigate the negative impact that the Coronavirus may have on the local or national economy. We have very strong financial reserves to weather economic ‘storms’ that comes our way. We also offer options for most of our financial services that do not require face-to-face contact or can even be completed from your own home. Since Banks and Credit Unions are considered “critical services”, you can feel confident that your financial institution will continue operating, even in turbulent times. That said, we encourage you to limit your trips to any bank branch to only those services that require coming in. If you’re not sure, call us and ask.
What Kings Federal Credit Union is Doing:
- We regularly disinfect our lobby and offices, including door handles, ATMs and counter tops.
- We are also monitoring the health of our staff and take prompt action if symptoms arise.
- We have implemented social distancing requirements to help mitigate the transmission of this virus. This can include asking members to stay 3 to 6 feet apart while waiting for service.
- We routinely conduct Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery reviews to ensure that we can maintain successful operations and member service, even in difficult times.
Possible Impact on Service Levels:
- The circumstances around Coronavirus can change rapidly. With this in mind, and paying attention to guidelines from local, state and national health agencies, we are prepared to take additional steps to promote the well being of our staff and members alike. We appreciate your patience should you see an impact on the speed of service in the branch, answering phone calls or processing loans.
- We may limit the number of members in our lobby at any one time to ensure we maintain the recommended social distancing.
Branch Free Access to Your Accounts and Cash:
- Take advantage of our ATMs, Drive up window, Night Drop, Online Banking, BillPay and Mobile Banking app — you can easily check balances, make deposits, transfers and pay bills through these free tools, without having to leave your home or come inside the branch.
- If you currently do not have an ATM or Debit Card, please call us to order one right away. ATMs will offer 24/7 access to cash at over 60,000 fee-free locations nationwide. Visit our website or mobile app to see all of the fee-free ATMs near you.
- With our online banking site, you can make transfers to and from other financial institutions as well as send money to an individual using our PopMoney feature. We have training videos to help you learn how.
- With our mobile app, you can perform a variety of transactions, including mobile deposit of checks, bill payment and transfers.
- With Apple Pay and Google pay, you can load your debit or credit card into your phone and simply use the tap and go mobile wallet at accepting retailers. This can avoid having to use your card or keypads in public locations.
- Activate eStatements if you have not already and reduce your exposure to mail flow and related contamination risks.
- Members can always apply for loans remotely through our website or by phone.
- Our Touch Tone Teller program can provide balance and account information 24/7. We have eliminated any fees that were associated with this service as of March 1st.
- We offer 24/7 member service by phone. Just press Option 5 when you call us at 559-582-4438.
- Most loan payments can be made online or by phone.
- With a heightened pandemic threat, comes the elevated potential of scams. If anyone contacts you claiming to be from any agency or financial institution and asks for your personal information, please be diligent and do not share any account, social security, password or other personal identification details. Hang up and call us directly at 559-582-4438.
Additional Resources and Tips
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – www.cdc.gov
- World Health Organization – www.who.int
- OSHA – Safety and Health Topics www.osha.gov
- Kings County Health Department